Field Application Specialist
Reports to: The position of Field Application Specialist Germany reports into the European Director of field service and application support
Location: Field Based- Germany/Switzerland/Austria
As a Field Application Specialist, you will have expert knowledge of the software, hardware as well as applications used to develop and run assays on the Gyros immunoassay platform and the ability to utilize this knowledge to meet specific client situations, facilitate the sales process and provide after-sales application support. You will have frequent contact with potential and existing clients, as well as with colleagues throughout Gyros.
You will be part of a team of specialists that work closely together, sharing experiences and supporting their sales colleagues.
You will work primarily in your designated sales territory (Germany, Austria and Switzerland), but may also be required to support other geographical areas, including Asia. We estimate approximately 100 travel days per year. The role will also include frequent travel (1-2 visit per quarter) to the demo lab in Uppsala to perform customer evaluation projects.
Experience and Qualifications
Extensive experience in the development of ligand binding assays for pharmaceutical research and/or bioprocess applications.
- Proven track record of taking ownership of the technical functions necessary for ensuring customer implementation and success
- Expertise in product demonstrations and the training necessary for potential and existing customers including immunoassay optimization, validation and trouble shooting.
- Skilled in conducting scientific presentations to both large and small audiences
- Ability to operate at all levels within the customer base to effect change, demonstrate credibility and trusted vendor status to guide customers through new technology acquisition and success
- Demonstrate a strong business focus, working closely with sales to generate growth
- Experience working with marketing and service on the generation of application notes, training courses and other technical literature
- Highly motivated and self-directed, capable of managing a wide range of responsibilities simultaneously
- Excellent German and English language skills both oral and written
- B.S. in Biochemistry or related field, with relevant laboratory experience, M.S. or Ph.D preferred. Three years’ experience in field applications and customer support
The person will work closely with customers both pre- and post-sales to assess the customers assay needs, implementation training and experimental design to ensure customer success. Use market and applications knowledge to target applications areas best suited to promote Gyros immunoassay systems.
- Support planning and monitoring of sales activities together with sales and service engineers
- Support evaluation of the needs of potential purchasers from an application perspective. Develop detailed plans for evaluation projects
- Provide application support to users of Gyrolab workstation
- Perform laboratory work in-house or at the client’s site, including experimental design, sample preparation, optimization, implementation, preparation of documentation and reports
- Prepare and perform basic and advanced training courses
- Give application-relevant presentations at client’s sites or via webinars
- Attend conferences and exhibitions
- Prepare and implement open client workshops/seminars organized by Gyros
- Participate and contribute to new application development, product maintenance, product development, business intelligence and capacity building
- Maintain the accuracy and content of the company customer database (CRM) for your activities, accounts and contacts
For questions contact hiring manager:
Mobile: +46 705-402430
Please send in your application to email@example.com.
Please note that applications will be reviewed continuously and interviews will be planned as soon as a suitable candidate is identified.