Director of Finance for Gyros Protein Technologies in Uppsala, Sweden
Gyros Protein Technologies (GPT) is a leading provider of solutions for peptide synthesis and bioanalysis to the life sciences and biotech industry. Our focus is on helping scientists in academia and industry to increase biomolecule performance and productivity in research, drug discovery, pre-clinical and clinical development, and bioprocess applications. The company was formed by the merger of Gyros AB (founded in 2000) and Protein Technologies, Inc. (founded in 1985).
GPT is currently recruiting for a Director of Finance for its business based in Uppsala, Sweden. The Director of Finance is a key member of the GPT business management team and the Uppsala site leadership team. The position reports to the CFO & Director Human Resources who is based in Tucson, Arizona. The Director of Finance has full financial responsibility for the immunoassay business in Sweden and its five foreign sales and service subsidiaries.
Position responsibilities include:
- Accounting: to make sure that the companies financial obligations are fulfilled towards e.g. suppliers and banks. Ensure that the company can deliver accurate financial information of GPT position in budget, long range plans, actual and forecasts.
- Reporting: to make sure that the company delivers accurate financial information towards e.g. Executive Management Group (EMG), CFO, CEO, owners, project sponsors, banks and that the companies obligations are fulfilled in terms of e.g. annual reports, tax declarations and SCB
- Controlling: To deliver and pro-actively conduct analysis regarding various financial aspects e.g. COGS, gross margin, prices etc.
- Other: To present financial data for e.g. EMG, functions and VP’s. Ensure that the company staff is educated in the financial structure, accounting principles etc. that the company operates within. Ensure that functional suppliers are updated with correct data and that correct data can be obtained from company staff e.g. travel expenses, time reporting etc.
The position has authority for the following:
- Process payments to suppliers, customers, banks and staff
- Conduct financial closing of books
- Instruct external accountant collaborators for the GPT group
- Instruct HR provider to pay salaries etc…
- Contact and conduct financial revision / audit together with company auditor
The position has strong influence on all activities related to the following decisions:
- System utilisation e.g. accounting, reporting and payment systems
- Financial and HR Suppliers
- Budget, LRP, Forecasts processes
- Processes for customer quotations, ordering, prices etc.
Main areas and key duties:
- Coordinate the annual budget process
- Ensure correct actual monthly accounting and reports
- Participate in the Long-Range Planning (LRP) process
- Coordinate the forecast process
- Conduct financial analysis when needed and proactively
- Produce GPT annual report
- Ensure correct and timely tax and statutory reporting
The Director of Finance should have the following skills and experience:
- 10+ years of controllership experience at least 5 of which include full financial responsibility.
- Experience with all areas of operational finance and accounting including: business controlling, financial reporting and analysis, consolidations, cost accounting, cash management, and tax for a small international business
- Experience with Swedish and IFRS statutory reporting
- Experience in the life sciences and/or capital goods industry preferred.
- Strong understanding of mid-size company ERP systems such as MoveX and MAS90
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- Fluent in speaking, reading, and writing Swedish and English
- Ability to multi-task and develop strong working relationships based on mutual trust and respect
- Strong work ethic and desire to grow our company
- University degree in business, accounting or finance
- Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications. Eligible for annual bonus. Not eligible for relocation benefits
Please email your CV to email@example.com